What do I need to do to receive my federal tax credit?

1 min. readlast update: 10.18.2023

In order to receive your federal tax credit, you'll need to follow a few steps the year your skylight is installed.

When the product is installed: Keep your receipts for total price paid (product and installation) for one of the qualifying VELUX products and attach them to a completed Federal Tax Credit - Manufacturers Certification Statement. Keep this for your records.

When it is tax time: Fill out IRS Tax Form 5695 and submit it with your taxes. Enter this tax credit off of Form 5695 on your 1040 Form. 

1. IRS Notice 2009-41 suggests the taxpayer is not required to attach this certification statement to their tax return. However, the taxpayer should retain this certification as part of their tax records. 

2. As in all tax matters, the taxpayer is advised to consult their tax professional. VELUX America LLC assumes no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits.

Was this article helpful?