5 Steps to a Healthy Home
- Ensure good sleeping conditions - Good sleeping conditions require comfortable temperatures, 100% darkness, peace and quiet. When implemented, more than 50% feel they have more energy.
- Strive for comfortable temperatures - Comfortable indoor temperatures means a pleasant chill in the summer and a less than warm environment in the winter.
- Let in fresh air - Fresh air is provided by windows and door openings. No airing doubles the risk of feeling tired and apathetic compared to 2-4 airings per day.
- Let in daylight - When daylight levels change from unsatisfactory to satisfactory, the amount of people feeling less energized drop from 37% to 21%.
- Avoid humidity - Avoid excessive humidity to reduce the risk of mold and fungus. Mold and fungus can lead to asthma and respiratory symptoms.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.